Tips for Parents/Guardians to Support Students
GSB understands that a shift to a distance learning approach requires our students and families to make adjustments. A continued partnership with parents can play a vital part of ensuring the success of the plan. Division directors, learning support staff, the technology department, and teachers are all available to support and guide students should they need help. Below are some guidelines for helping students with distance learning:
- Establish a regular schedule for your child and stay engaged with his/her/their learning.
- Create a study space for your child.
- Stay in communication with your child(ren)'s teachers.
- Encourage independence and allow for productive struggle.
- Help your child(ren) maintain social contact with peers.
- Encourage physical activity and movement and monitor student stress.
- Assist with time management, as needed.
- Monitor online activity to ensure you family bandwith is not taxed due to multiple devices being used simultaneously.