8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Daily Routes
Students come to GSB from ten counties and approximately ninety, north-central New Jersey communities. Families have the option of providing their own transportation or applying for bus service through their local school district.
For the 2020-2021 school year, Mendham, Chester, and West Morris are the only school districts offering busing. For all other school districts, Gill St. Bernard’s works in conjunction with Belair Transport services to provide daily bus services for the 8:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. school day. This is a fee-based service that Belair works directly with our families.
The procedure is as follows:
- Parents complete and submit a B6T form for every student enrolled in GSB.
- Our transportation coordinator, Beth Hansen, submits the B6T form to your local school district.
- Your school district will notify you if
- they offer busing;
- you are eligible for Aid-in-lieu, a reimbursement of up to $1,000.00 if you qualify (qualifications are usually determined by the distance between your home and the school); or
- you are over the mileage eligible for aid-in-lieu and will not receive a reimbursement.
Late Bus Transportation
Gill St. Bernard’s school provides late bus service for students in fifth through twelfth grades. This is a free service for those students participating in after school activities such as athletics, the arts, or other school events. There are five late bus routes.
Parents must register their children by Sunday night for the following week. When signing up, please choose a route, a stop, and the days the student will be riding. No student will be allowed on a late bus without prior sign up.