Come spend an hour or so with other parents as we gather to mingle, and to listen to speakers and share ideas on topics that are relevant to our children, our school, and ourselves. Coffee chats are sponsored by the Parents’ Association and are held in the morning after drop off in the Verdile dining room in Founders. Last year’s topics touched on Internet safety, study skills, GSB website instruction and more! Coffee is served, of course, and delicious baked goods are usually provided by an attending parent. It’s casual, comfortable, informative-please stop by!
Upcoming Coffee Chat Dates
Previous Coffee Chats Have Included...
- March 30, 2017: STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math)
- April 25, 2017: College Round Table
- Social Media Safety Tips presented by GSB Director of Security Steve Summerer
Successful Feeding Strategies for Families by Jeanne Petrucci, MS, RDN, Living Plate Nutrition Education and Counseling Center. This workshop focused on proven strategies for feeding families with young children.
College Prep Experiences with Kerri Small for Grades 7-11 parents.
- Jessica Robina, GSB School Counselor, spoke about tips to help manage student stress.
- GSB Learning Specialist Kim Turse discussed how to improve organization and learning habits, the behaviors of successful students, studying tips, and test-taking tools. Review Kim's presentation.
- Kyle Armstrong presented his talk on the “3 C’s”- collaboration, conversation, and creativity; three characteristics that make up a great school. Armstrong discussed the Library and Maker Space planned for the Middle School as well as the transition of the 5th grade.
- GSB Learning Specialist Kim Turse presented "Concussions and Their Impact on Your Child," a coffee chat sponsored by the Parents' Association. Review Kim's presentation.
2015-16 Coffee Chat Chair: Tenaz Vemuri